The “Adapting forests to climate change: methods, tools, and projects” symposium will be held in Toulouse, France, from 19-20 November 2019. The first day will focus on oral and poster presentations, the second will be dedicated to optional field visits in the nearby Parc naturel régional du Haut-Languedoc.
A number of project holders, scientists and stakeholders from around Europe will have the opportunity to showcase their work about forest adaptation to climate change through oral and poster presentations. Oral presentations will be organized in thematic sessions with a different chairperson leading each session. Moreover, there will be several poster sessions during the symposium. We aim to provide high quality poster sessions that are equal to oral presentations in their ability to provide exposure, feedback, and networking opportunities.
Field visits are optional and limited to a small number of attendees, on a first come, first serve basis. They will be the opportunity to discover the Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park which sits in a unique area of meeting point for three climates (Mediterranean, Atlantic, Alpine), and is thus in a place where the environment will be very sensitive to any shifting of climate ranges. Two third of this territory is also covered with forests, hence making it a perfect location to talk about forest adaptation to climate change.
The field visit will include a visit of several FORECCAsT trial stands, where the project tests tree species and forest management procedures adapted to climate change. It will also include the demonstration of field decision-making tools.
The train journey from Toulouse to Mazamet and return, as well as the lunch, will be at each attendee’s expense. The bus journey is paid for by the FORECCAsT project.
This temporary schedule will be updated soon with more precise information when the theme of the sessions and their chairpersons will be definitive.
19th of November 2019: Oral and poster presentations, Hôtel de Région, Toulouse (France)
- 8h30-9h : registration of participants
- 9h-9h30 : welcoming and opening session
- 9h30-10h30 : first session of oral presentations
- 10h30-11h : coffee break and poster session
- 11h-12h : second session of oral presentations
- 12h-13h30 : lunch and poster session
- 13h30-15h30 : third session of oral presentations
- 15h30-16h : coffee break and poster session
- 16h-18h : fourth session of oral presentations
- 18h-18h30 : closing of the symposium
20th of November 2019: Field visits in the Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park (optional)
- 07h30-07h45: meeting point in Toulouse Matabiau train station
- 07h50-09h30: train journey from Toulouse to Mazamet
- 09h30-10h00: bus journey from Mazamet to FORECCAsT test sites
- 10h-12h00: visit of FORECCAsT test sites and field demonstration of decision-making tools
- 12h00-13h30: lunchbreak
- 13h30-17h00: visit of FORECCAsT test sites and field demonstration of decision-making tools
- 17h00-17h30: bus journey back to Mazamet train station
- 17h30-19h00: train journey from Mazamet to Toulouse